BASIC Course: Molar distalization and maxillary expansion for children & young adolescent.
Friday, 01.10.2021, 9:00 - 18:00
→ Target Audience:
- M4: ideal and secure position for temporary anchorage devices (TADs)
- Maxillary posterior tooth distalization with TopJet Distalizer
- Palatal expansion with Hybrid-Hyrax Expander
This practical course is designed for orthodontists who wish to increase your treatment options in skeletal anchorage of distalization and expansion of the maxilla without the collaboration of the patient.
→ Course Content:
This course will review the fundamental knowledge about the safe placement of orthodontic microimplants and the use of the treatment techniques listed below (see images on web).
Each of these 4 techniques will be practiced in typodons:
- Placement of microimplants in the anterior palate for use as an orthodontic anchor. The two microimplants placed in the M4 position form the basis for distalization, expansion and retention.
- Installation of the TopJet clix (adjustable telescope spring) that allows unilateral posterior distalization or both sides of the maxilla.
- Use of the Hybrid-Hyrax circuit breaker for palate disjunction supported by 2 micro-implants.
- Retention of disjunction using a transpalatal arch or palatal bar compatible with the head of microimplants.
This new training will allow professionals to immediately integrate this innovative technology into their patients’ treatments. It is an invisible and comfortable treatment for patients. For orthodontists it is a reliable, predictable and safe appliance that does not require cooperation from the patient.
In this way, extractions can often be avoided.
Note that the same microimplants in the M4 position are used to perform different functions such as distalization with the TopJet Distalizer, disjunction with the Hybrid-Hyrax expander and the implant-supported
CERTIFICATION Course: Maxillary Expansion with
MICRO4 for Adults with LIVE Pateints & Hands-on
Saturday 02.10.2021, 9:00 - 18:00
→ Target Audience:
- M4 and M5: ideal position for eskeletal anchorage of MICRO4
- 4 key factors for successful treatment with MICRO4
- 2 LIVE patients will be present and the treatment application
will be visible with a live broadcast screen.
- Hands-on course: insertion of mini-screws, TopJet, MICRO 4 on
typodonts guided by specialized orthodontists. This is the
most crucial step to gain practical experience.
This course is aimed at orthodontists who attended the BASIC Course who
placed microimplants, TopJet clix and Hybrid-Hyrax expanders in the jaw
of a typodont; Innovative techniques to widen the maxilla in adults will be
learned using the palatal disjunction technique with the MICRO4.
→ Course Content:
Expert level knowledge on the subject of micro implant supported
palatalexpansion (MICRO4). All techniques will be described step-by-step.
The holder of the certificate to be a professional user of MICRO4 has to
successfully pass a comprehensive test on all relevant aspects and
- Optimal placement of microimplants in different palatal sites
- Have a solid understanding of the optimal and appropriate selection of
the type of microimplants.
- Know the construction details, technical characteristics and mandatory
requirements of the MICRO4 skeletal expander.
- There is comprehensive knowledge about clinical use including the force
controlled polycyclic expansion protocol, limitations, side effects and
optional necessary troubleshooting. The holder is able to successfully implement maxillary expansion in mature
adult patients as part of their treatment approach.